[galib] Parallelization of GAlib.

Bryce Bockman bryce at jfet.net
Fri Dec 3 14:50:38 EST 2004

Hi, I did a little project where I exetended GALib objects to parallel
counter parts using inheritance.  The parallel versions uses MPI, which is
a pretty widely used message passing interface for parallel computing.  It
is very alpha, but something that can be taken as a starting point for
more work.  Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpigalib/  You can
download my source there.  Also, I have a paper that I wrote on the design
and some testing I did with it by applying it to the traveling salesman
algorithm.  Oh, I use the Island Model for parallelization which is very
difficult to do mathematical analysis of, but it still works and I was able
to get good results on my problem through experimentation.

Cheers,
Bryce

Bryce Bockman