[galib] Question

Jason Guan jbguan at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:00:08 EDT 2003

Hi!

I am a new user of GALib. I have read the document and some examples you
provided, but I didn't understand how to use GALib to solve a real problem
yet. For example, where to set the number of variables of an optimization
problem, the bound limits of the variables, other equality or inequality
constraints? Would you please tell me how to use GAlib to solve the
following simple problem:

obj = minize{(X1-X10)^2+(X2-X20)^2}
subject to
    1<= X1 <= 10
    1<= X2 <= 20
    X1 + X2 <= 20
where X10 and X20 are constants

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Best Regards

Jason Guan