Help with GA1DArrayAlleleGenome and Alleles

Gerry Weaver gerryw at objectivedomain.com
Fri Jan 17 02:25:02 EST 2003

Hi,

 I'm having some trouble (perhaps understanding) using the
GA1DArrayAlleleGenome. I have instantiated a GAAlleleSet<long> alleles(0,
100); and passed that to the  GA1DArrayAlleleGenome constructor. I have an
objective function that averages all of the gene values and returns the
average. If I understand correctly, all of the gene values should be between
0 and 100. When the ga runs I should end up with a value of 100 for all
genes in the top performer. When I look at the values of the genes, they are
not between 0 and 100. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Any and
all help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Gerry