some difficultie with your GALib Class

Fedder Skovgaard fsk at maerskdata.dk
Fri Jan 10 02:00:30 EST 2003

Hi
> I get some difficulties with GALib Class. Firstly, I implement my program
with
> Microsoft Develop Studio version 6; and my program try to find the
maximum
> number in INTEGER from several floating point numbers. Unfortunately, my
program
> is implemented under MFC (Windows application); I can't complier my
program
> after I add your GALib Class. There are sever ERROR and WARNING for
LINKING as
> following
As stated in the documentation supplied with GALib:

./doc/Installation.html#win

quote:
If you want to use GAlib with MFC, then be sure to turn off streams by
defining NO_STREAMS in the gaconfig.h file:
       #define NO_STREAMS
:unquote

Please RTFM

> Libcd.lib(ostream.obj) :  error LNK2005: "public: class ostream & __
thiscall ostream::operator<<(char const *)"
> Libcd.lib(_ios.obj) :  error LNK2005: "public: virtual __thiscall ios::
~ios(void)"
> . and so on
>
> I guess it should come from some command in the class that they try to
write
> something in file or screen by using iostream class. It might interrupt
with the
> MFC classes. I have no idea to solve these problem, if you have any idea,
pleas
> mail me. Thank you very much in advance for your help and/or advices.

The problem is that both GALib and MFC defines overloaded stream-operators
for the same types.

best regards,
Fedder