Complete population

Asim Shankar asim at iitk.ac.in
Tue Feb 26 07:51:29 EST 2002

Hi!

This is my first experience with Galib. Anyway, I was trying to
implement a SANE-algorithm
(http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/moriarty98forming) wherein two populations
are evolved simulateneously (one of neurons and one of pointers to
neurons forming a network) in order to come up with a good neural
network.

A) Has anyone tried anything of the sort and is willing to share some
pointers?
B) In the method I was thinking of, I would need access to the
population of a generation. Looking though the Galib manual, I find that
there is no way to access the "current" GAPopulaiton object, I can only
get a population of "best" individuals encountered so far. Is there a
way to access the complete population for a particular generation?

Thanks so much for your time,
Sincerely,

-- Asim