galib pvmind

Nelson Castillo nc at compu.net.co
Thu Jun 14 19:19:53 EDT 2001

Hi all.

I was trying to compile the pvmind example with the last release of
PVM and I had to tweak the Makefile in order to compile it.

Right now I have two questions.

1 - Has any one ported this example to MPI?

2 - Since I am learning socket programming with BSD sockets
(And eventually winsock), i wanted to build small "fitness servers"
so I can distribute the fitness calculation.  I read the pvmind
example and I noticed (I hope I am right) that I only need to provide
a custom population evaluator that will distribute the calculation of
the fitness. Is that right?

void
PopulationEvaluator(GAPopulation& pop) {
}

Well, if any of you has done this and have
published something (sources, documentation) I'd
love to read it.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Nelson.-