patch for GAStatistics

guignotj guignotj at miage.univ-paris12.fr
Tue Mar 7 08:04:29 EST 2000

hi!

GAStatistics does not write well if the output file is a named pipe.
I need to write in a pipe, because I want to have an "on-line graph" of
the results.

Here is a small patch for  GAStatistics, which enables it to write in a
pipe

-----------------              patch begins here
---------------------------------------

490,492c490,496
< static ofstream  outfile;
< if (gen[0] == 0) outfile.open(scorefile);
< if (outfile.bad()){
---
> #ifndef NO_STREAMS
>   ofstream outfile(scorefile, ((gen[0] == 0) ?
>                              (ios::out | ios::trunc) :
>                              (ios::out | ios::app)));
> // should be done this way, but SGI systems (and others?) don't do it
right...
> //  if(! outfile.is_open()){
>   if(outfile.fail()){
496a501,502