GAlib questions

ole mengshoel mengshoe at earhart.ai.uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 5 17:46:05 EST 1998

First, let me give my kudos to the developers of GAlib for
creating such a well-documented system and making it available
on the Web!

Second, I have a couple of questions I'd appreciate if anyone could
give feedback on:
- Is there a "cookbook" for making GAlib work under VC++?  Or, even
  better, has someone ported it to VC++ and is willing to share their code?

- The documentation says that GAlib is "reasonably fast".  Are there
  any measures on this, again using VC++ on a WinNT platform?  How
  fast is GAlib compared to other C++-based GA SW out there?  Have fundamental
  design choices been made which make it harder to make GAlib faster if need
  be?

Thanks for any suggestions regarding the above,

Ole J.

Ole J. Mengshoel                 mengshoe at cs.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute                WWW: http://www-kbs.ai.uiuc.edu/mengshoe
University of Illinois,          FTP: www-kbs.ai.uiuc.edu
Urbana-Champaign                 Phone: (217) 244-1620
Urbana, IL-61801, U.S.A.         FAX:   (217) 244-8371