[E&E seminars] Tonight! 4/10: Making it Personal: Taking Society and the Environment to Work

Kara Penn kpenn at MIT.EDU
Tue Apr 10 13:37:26 EDT 2007

Hi All,

This event is tonight! Bring a friend, share with your groups, and come on by!

Making It Personal: How can you take Society & the Environment to Work?

     Tonight! Tuesday, April 10, 2007
     6:00 - 7:30pm
     TSMC Lobby (Stata Center [Bldg 32] First Floor)
     http://whereis.mit.edu/map-jpg?mapterms=32&mapsearch=go

**A yummy Thai Dinner will be provided, so don't be late and miss out!**

**If possible, please bring your own eating utensils, cups and plates that can
be washed
and reused. We will have disposables as backup.**

Presented by The Graduation Pledge Effort
http://sustainability.mit.edu/Pledge

With:
 * Rebecca Henderson, Eastman Kodak Professor of Management, MIT Sloan School
 * E. Sarah Slaughter, Senior Lecturer, MIT Sloan School

People often affect the world most directly through their careers. Join Dr.
Rebecca
Henderson, Dr. Sarah Slaughter, and your fellow students for a discussion of
social and
environmental responsibility in the working world.  Professors Henderson and
Slaughter
will share their personal stories, then we will participate in a short
facilitated
discussion in small groups about ways we can make a social and environmental
impact
through the work we do.  Also, learn about the Graduation Pledge, a way to focus
and
express commitment toward socially and environmentally responsible career
choices.

Visit http://sustainability.mit.edu/Pledge to learn more about the Graduation
Pledge.

Sponsored by MIT Student Pugwash, Students for Global Sustainability, the MIT
Generator,
and the Undergraduate Association's Campus Sustainability Committee. Funding
graciously
provided by Student Life Programs.

Kara Penn
MBA Candidate, 2007