[Env seminars] Celebrating International Education @ MIT : MISTI Week

Heidi Knuff hknuff at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 15 11:57:13 EDT 2005

Celebrate International Education at MIT
with MISTI, the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives

MISTI WEEK
September 20-23, 2005

Since 1994, MISTI--a cornerstone of international education at MIT--has
trained more than 1,400 MIT students to become global professionals.

Join us at MISTI Week for:

         *       An international fair (culture and food)
* Panel discussions about European integration; the global communication
culture; and the car of the future/future of the car
         *       Talks by Pulitzer Prize-winning MIT historian John Dower
("Asian Promise/Yellow Peril") and MIT Chinese language Professor Jing Wang
("Youth Culture, Music and Cell Phone Branding in China ")
         *       Orientation meetings for students interested in each of
the seven MISTI country programs, and MISTI initiatives in Africa and the
Middle East
         *       A soccer tournament and a photo contest
         *       Lessons in Catalan and Sanskrit
         *       Screening of movies from Mexico, Japan and India

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: http://mit.edu/misti/news-events/misti_week.html

MORE ABOUT MISTI: http://mit.edu/misti/

contact: Saro Derian
sderian at mit.edu / 617.253.0385

M I T   C E N T E R   F O R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L   S T U D I E S

Heidi Knuff
Center for International Studies
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
292 Main Street (E38-270)