[Env seminars] MIT Environmental Writing Contest: Exploring Solutions, Preserving the Future

Amy B. Donovan adonovan at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 14 16:27:13 EST 2005

Will Your Words Change the World?

The Working Group on Support Issues invites MIT faculty, students, and
staff to participate in the Environmental Writing Contest: Exploring
Solutions, Preserving the Future.

Do you have a solution to environmental issues, whether MIT-specific or
global in perspective? We want to hear about it.

Submitting your essay to Exploring Solutions, Preserving the Future can
result in great things, from being printed in a major publication to a
permanent home for your ideas in the Barker Library, or winning free passes
to the IMAX theatre at the New England Aquarium. Why not share your ideas?
Winners will be announced at the MIT Earth Day 2006 event.
To learn more, including submission guidelines, a list of judges, prizes,
writing tips, research and writing resources, and information on our IAP
workshops, please visit:
<http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling/writing_contest.html>http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling/writing_contest.html

Sponsored by: The Working Group on Support Staff Issues, the Environmental
Programs Office, the Department of Facilities, SAVE (Share A Vital Earth),
Students for Global Sustainability, Terrascope, the Lab for Energy and the
Environment, and SHASS (School of the Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences)
<http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling>http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling

Please forward

Amy Donovan
Co-Chair, Working Group Recycling Committee (WGR)
http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling/
Enter our Environmental Writing Contest!
http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling/writing_contest.html
Editor, The Bale http://web.mit.edu/wgrecycling/monthly_bale.shtml
adonovan at mit.edu

The mission of the MIT Working Group Recycling Committee is to develop and
deliver programs that educate administrative and support staff about
recycling, reducing and reusing goods. Efforts include
identifying/addressing gaps in staff understanding about recycling as well
as gaps in recycling resources and creating ways to increase recycling at MIT.
3