[ecco-support] transport diagnostic

Paola Cessi pcessi at ucsd.edu
Thu Oct 1 03:42:21 EDT 2026


HI Mike,

depending on what is your favorite diagnostic language there are at least the following options:

1. Matlab/Octave https://github.com/MITgcm/gcmfaces and here is the documentation https://gcmfaces.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

2. Python and Julia https://ecco-group.org/analysis-tools.htm and here is the documentation https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/

Perhaps there are more recent versions and other options that others might know of.

Cheers,

Paola

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paola Cessi                                                         Tel: +1 858 534 0622 
Scripps Institution of Oceanography                  Fax: +1 858 534 8045
9500 Gilman Drive #0213                             e-mail: pcessi at ucsd.edu 
La Jolla, CA 92093-0213          Web: http://pordlabs.ucsd.edu/pcessi
USA               

> On Sep 30, 2026, at 6:36 PM, Michael Spall <mspall at whoi.edu> wrote:
> 
> Hello Everyone,
> I am wondering if there is a repository of diagnostics for use with ecco output. Specifically, I am interested
> in calculating transports (mass, heat, salt) across a depth contour with the curvilinear grid. I started writing one
> but getting the rotations and interpolations correct looks tricky so I thought if it already exists it would save
> some time and trouble. I would be OK with interpolated transports instead of calculating them on the native
> grid if that is easier to track the isobath.
> 
> Thanks,
> Mike
> 
> ==================================================================
> 
> Michael A. Spall
> Emeritus Research Scholar
> Clark 323A
> Department of Physical Oceanography
> Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
> 360 Woods Hole Road MS #21
> Woods Hole, MA 02543
> 
> 508-289-3342
> mspall at whoi.edu
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www2.whoi.edu/staff/mspall__;!!Mih3wA!EwjvpPP5v8FoO2k4B9ppHIedETbDbAX-N9GK7QWkRLEZd86KTcaQj8weyOUR9mzve4QZM-SwcZ8Ecew$ 
> _______________________________________________
> ecco-support mailing list
> ecco-support at mit.edu
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/ecco-support__;!!Mih3wA!EwjvpPP5v8FoO2k4B9ppHIedETbDbAX-N9GK7QWkRLEZd86KTcaQj8weyOUR9mzve4QZM-SwvoT85og$

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/ecco-support/attachments/20261001/81280fe0/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the ecco-support mailing list