[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] A question about the way to get the ECCO near real-time data

Fenty, Ian G (US 329B) ian.fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 17 14:09:12 EST 2022

Hi Zongheng,

My apologies, my last response was sent too soon.

The ecco.jpl.nasa.gov website was temporarily taken offline due to an IT security issue. The best estimate for our system admins to fix the issue would be a few weeks.

For studying the salinity budget, have you considered using ECCO Version 4 Release 4?
https://ecco-group.org/products-ECCO-V4r4.htm

The V4r4 files are hosted on the NASA PO.DAAC
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO

Instructions for downloading the files from PO.DAAC are here:
https://github.com/ECCO-GROUP/ECCO-ACCESS/blob/master/PODAAC/Downloading_ECCO_datasets_from_PODAAC/README.md

Please let us know if using V4r4 is helpful.

-Ian

On 1/17/22, 2:52 AM, "ecco-support on behalf of lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn<mailto:lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn>" <ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu<mailto:ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu> on behalf of lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn<mailto:lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn>> wrote:

Dear ECCO team,
        I am attempting to use ECCO near real-time data (dr080) to study salinity budget. However, I can't access the ECCO website (https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/). Could you tell me how to get the ECCO-JPL data (1993 - present)?
        Thank you for your kind consideration of this request. Looking forward to your reply.
Sincerely,
Zongheng Li