[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] A question about the way to get the ECCO near real-time data

Fenty, Ian G (US 329B) ian.fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jan 17 14:05:56 EST 2022

Hi Zongheng,

The website was temporarily taken offline due to an IT security issue. The best estimate for our system admins to fix the issue would be a few weeks.  For studying the salinity budget, have you considered using ECCO Version 4 Release 4.

https://ecco-group.org/products-ECCO-V4r4.htm

They are hosted on the NASA PO.DAAC
https://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO
If you are looking for ECCO Version 4 Release 4 files, they are available athttps://podaac.jpl.nasa.gov/ECCO. For other files, e.g., Release 3, you can email me directly. It may be possible to make them accessible via email, Google Drive etc.

Best,
Ou

On 1/17/22, 2:52 AM, "ecco-support on behalf of lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn<mailto:lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn>" <ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu<mailto:ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu> on behalf of lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn<mailto:lzh6939 at stu.ouc.edu.cn>> wrote:

Dear ECCO team,
        I am attempting to use ECCO near real-time data (dr080) to study salinity budget. However, I can't access the ECCO website (https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/). Could you tell me how to get the ECCO-JPL data (1993 - present)?
        Thank you for your kind consideration of this request. Looking forward to your reply.
Sincerely,
Zongheng Li