[ecco-support] Questions about ECCO2_cube92 data

Mengdie Xie xie_md at 126.com
Thu Jul 22 10:22:46 EDT 2021

Hello,

Sorry to bother you. I have a question about ECCO2_cube92 SSH(sea surface height) data.

The situation is that:
I used ECCO2_cube92 SSH 3-day data over the period 1996.01-2016.12 to calculate the area average value of Antarctic(50°S-90°S). And I drew the time curve of SSH, as shown in the attachment. It shows a rapid decline in the short time.

I don't know why it drop so fast in such a short time, I'm not sure if it's reasonable. If it's unreasonable, there may be something wrong in my calculation. Could you please help me check whether the result is reasonable?

I would appreciate it very much if you could give me some information on this.

Best Regards,
Mengdie

Mengdie Xie
College of Global Change and Earth System Science
Beijing Normal University
19 Xinjiekou Wai street,
Beijing, China,100875
Mobile  +86-13126792058