[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Confusion about the ECCO Python package

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 16 01:42:02 EDT 2021

Hello Nanjian,

I can’t reproduce the error. Using the code attached below, I’m able to generate the attached map. I’m using the latest ECCOv4-py from https://github.com/ECCO-GROUP/ECCOv4-py.git and cartopy Version 0.18.0.

Your screen capture only shows part of the error message. It would be helpful if you could post the complete error message.

Regards,
Ou

#!/usr/bin/env python3
# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

import xarray as xr
import matplotlib.pylab as plt
import sys
sys.path.append('~/modules/ECCOv4-py/')
import ecco_v4_py as ecco

grid_dir='./V4grid/'
grid_nm='ECCO-GRID.nc'

plt.figure(figsize=(12,6))
ecco_ds=xr.open_dataset(grid_dir+grid_nm)
lat=20
ones=xr.ones_like(ecco_ds.YC)
dome_maskc=ones.where(ecco_ds.YC>lat,0)
ecco.plot_proj_to_latlon_grid(ecco_ds.XC, ecco_ds.YC, dome_maskc,
                              projection_type='robin',cmap='viridis')