[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] reading llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/nctiles_daily files

19908766@qq.com 19908766 at qq.com
Tue Nov 10 20:54:44 EST 2020

Dear Hong and Ou,
    Thank both of you so much for your prompt help. Great to find the "read_ncfiles" function was updated to accommodate the new data. But when I downloaded the 288-line code that Ou updated on 13 May and tried to load the a r4v4 example NC file, "\release4\daily_llc90\ETAN\ETAN_2010_01_25.nc" I downloaded from https://data.nas.nasa.gov/ecco/data.php?dir=/eccodata/llc_90/ECCOv4/Release4/nctiles_daily , the code auto-added a suffix to the data file which made it to be "ETAN_2010_01_25.nc.0001.nc" and thus met with errors saying 'Variable not found (NC_ENOTVAR)' in line 79 (vv = netcdf.inqVarID(nc,fldName);). Do I need to change any parameter when running the new "read_ncfiles" function? The way I ran it in Matlab is:
>> tmp=read_nctiles_new('release4\daily_llc90\ETAN\ETAN_2010_01_25.nc','ETAN');
Look so much forward to your instructions how to use it properly.

    Also thank Ou for the useful information on the python code, I was tempted to move from Matlab to python but haven't done it yet. I might still need some time to do the migration because all my codes with r4v3 are written in Matlab.

Thank both of you again for your prompt and kind help.

Best regards,
Lei

19908766 at qq.com