[ecco-support] Change-of-variable formulas for adjoint sensitivities

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 7 00:27:14 EDT 2020

Hi Christopher

Ariane V, Bruce C, and I worked this out some time ago (~2013), so the details are blurry. But I am fairly certain that it works out fine to just take the curl of the sensitivity of J to the wind stress. That should give you the sensitivity to the curl. The operation is linear - we should be able to work this out.... Happy to discuss, though like I said, last time I thought about this was ~2013.

Matt