[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Question about ECCO and ECCO2

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 21 14:34:34 EST 2020

Hi Ezequiel,

For ECCO v4r4 https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release4/nctiles_monthly/, the OBP fields include the contributions from atmospheric pressure. There are two ocean bottom fields: OBPNOPAB and OBP. OBPNOPAB does *not* have the contribution of the global mean atmospheric pressure, while OBP does.

ECCO v4r3 and ECCO2 do *not* have atmospheric pressure forcing, and therefore the ocean bottom pressure field has *no* contribution from atmospheric pressure.

Regards,
Ou Wang