[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Question about ECCOv4r3 data

Wang, Ou (US 329B) ou.wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 31 11:37:52 EDT 2020

Maike,

Currently there is no such publication/notes existent, although some descriptions can be found in README and User Guide. We are working on improving the meta data of the netCDF files to have more detailed descriptions of each field.

“Geometry-Weighted” means the fields have been weighted by hFacC/hFacS/hFacW, the fraction of cell in vertical that is wet. They are non-dimensional and vary from 0 (for completely dry cells) to 1 (for completely wet cells).

The constant density rhoConst in the model is 1029 kg/m^3.

Regards,
Ou