[ecco-support] Request for time series of ECCOv4-r3 adjustments

HONG ZHANG hong.zhang at ucla.edu
Wed Oct 30 16:50:26 EDT 2019

On 10/30/19 5:02 AM, Dan Jones wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In ECCOv4-r2, one can study the time-varying adjustments to the
> control variables made during the state estimation process by
> examining the "xx_" files. However, in ECCOv4-r3, this is not possible.
>
> Is there a reasonably efficient way to see the time-varying
> adjustments to the control variables in ECCOv4-r3? I once found a PDF
> document with the means and standard deviations of the adjustments,
> but I am interested in the long-term adjustment trends.

Hi Dan,
The time-varying adjustments are the difference between the adjusted ones
https://web.corral.tacc.utexas.edu/OceanProjects/ECCO/ECCOv4/Release3/input_forcing/
and the raw ones
https://web.corral.tacc.utexas.edu/OceanProjects/ECCO/ECCOv4/Release3/other/input_forcing_unadjusted/
The result is 6 hourly mean field on llc90 grid.
cheers
Hong