[ecco-support] problem with reading grid files

Fanglou Liao fanglouliao at mail.usf.edu
Fri May 24 10:49:17 EDT 2019

Hi There

I am an ECCO user from the university of south florida. I am quite new to
ECCO and encounter a problem when I try to read grid.

when I use grid_load to load the grid, it always remined me as follows:

grid files not found; please specify
 names (e.g. 'grid_cs32*bin')

but the grid files are in the directory and actually I can use ncdisp to
access the attribute information from the GRID.0001.nc files.

my operation system is Ubuntu 18.04 and matlab is 2018b

Could you please kindly let me know how I can solve this problem?

Kind regards,

Fanglou

my code is like this (***** is my name, I tried all these directories but
all failed)
dirGrid1='/home/****/Documents/ECCO/matlab_class/nctiles_grid/';
dirGrid2='/home/*****/nctiles_grid/';
dirGrid3='/home/*****/software/MATLAB2018b/nctiles_grid/';
dirGrid4='/home/*****/software/MATLAB2018b/matlab_class/nctiles_grid/';
dirGrid5='/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server=oceclinas.marine.usf.edu
,share=data/ORAs/ECCOv4r3/nctiles_grid/';
if ~isdir(dirGrid1); error('missing GRID/ directory'); end;

nF=5; fileFormat='nctiles';  %format specification
grid_load(dirGrid3,nF,fileFormat);
grid_load;
gcmfaces_global;