[ecco-support] [EXTERNAL] Issue with ECCO installation

Fenty, Ian G (329C) ian.fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon May 13 02:39:50 EDT 2019

Atousa,

Sorry to hear the installation didn’t work.  Please retry installing the ecco_v4_py library.  We’ve been making some changes recently and it’s possible that you downloaded a version that was incomplete.   The latest version is 1.0.6

>pip install ecco_v4_py

Also, there are now some inconsistences between the library and the library documentation at https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/index.html

We’re working on clearing those up this week.

Ian

On 5/7/19, 8:00 PM, "ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu<mailto:ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu> on behalf of Atousa Saberi" <ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu<mailto:ecco-support-bounces at mit.edu> on behalf of atousa.saberi at jhu.edu<mailto:atousa.saberi at jhu.edu>> wrote:

Hi,

I’m using windows, but I also use bash on ubuntu on windows. So I have two pythons: one on windows (installed by conda and then using conda prompt and/or spyder) and one on the ubuntu (linux terminal)

I went through the ecco tutorial and after installation tried to import ecco_v4_py and got the following errors.
I was wondering if you could help me with that?

1)      For Conda:
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<ipython-input-11-4891020ef9e6>", line 4, in <module>
    import ecco_v4_py as ecco

  File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\ecco_v4_py\__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from ecco_utils import minimal_metadata

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ecco_utils'

2)      For linux, nearly the same error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>

  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/ecco_v4_py/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>

    from ecco_utils import minimal_metadata

ImportError: No module named 'ecco_utils'

What do you suggest that I do?

Thanks,

Atousa