[ecco-support] questions on ECCO Version 4 Python Tutorial

Chen, Shengzhe schen26 at albany.edu
Mon Jul 15 00:17:11 EDT 2019

Hi there,

I am a graduate student studying atmospheric sciences at State University of New York at Albany.

I am learning the ECCO Version 4 Python Tutorial on https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/

I noticed that it seems like there are quite a lot of differences between data now available on ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/ and the data used as an example in the tutorial. For example, it is impossible now to xarry.merge ADVx_TH and ADVy_TH now directly. Because in the tutorial, their horizontal coordinates are denoted as

ADVx_TH  (time, tile, k, j, i_g)

ADVy_TH  (time, tile, k, j_g, i)

However, for the data available now on ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/. they are all denoted as

some thing like i1, i2, i3, i4.

I am wondering, if there's any updated version of tutorial that I could use to reproduce the results shown

in the tutorial? Or if those old data used in the tutorial still available?

Best,

Shengzhe

<https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/>
Welcome to the ECCO Version 4 Tutorial — ECCO Version 4 Python Tutorial 1.0 documentation<https://ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io/>
ecco-v4-python-tutorial.readthedocs.io
Welcome to the ECCO Version 4 Tutorial¶. This website contains a set of tutorials about how to use the ECCO Central Production Version 4 (ECCO v4) global ocean and sea-ice state estimate.