[ecco-support] questions about interpolated WVELMASS

Paola Cessi pcessi at ucsd.edu
Thu Feb 28 13:05:51 EST 2019

Thanks Ou,

I am surprised that the interpolation from LLC to lat-lon does not preserve incompressibility: most simple (e.g. linear) interpolation schemes do. Have you actually checked that the resulting flow is compressible?

Regarding the dx, dy, since the C-grid is staggered, it is necessary to know where the interpolation starts in order to use the precise grid. Is it possible to get a copy of the interpolation code, to see how it is done? Then we can also check the interpolation scheme properties re: incompressibility.

Thanks,

Paola