[ecco-support] questions about interpolated WVELMASS

Wang, Ou (329B) Ou.Wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 28 12:44:05 EST 2019

Hi Paola,

The interpolated WVELMASS is an interpolation from the LLC to the lat-lon
grids. The interpolation does not preserve 3d incompressibility.

The DXC etc. for the lat-lon grid are not stored in V4¹s interpolated
fields. Since the lat-lon grid is a regular 0.5 degree by 0.5 degree grid,
one can compute DXC etc. based on lat, lon, and grid resolutions.

Best,
Ou