[ecco-support] About ecco_ds.maskC, maskW, mask_S

XMU Mail zelunwu at stu.xmu.edu.cn
Sat Dec 28 16:50:04 EST 2019

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am using v4_r4 to do some analysis these two days, but I noticed that in the https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release4 <https://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/drive/files/Version4/Release4> directory there is no /nctiles_grid directory anymore, but it seems that  v4_r4 and v4_r3alt are using the same grid file, that ECCOv4r3_grid.nc file still works.

But while I am calculating the heat transport using ecco_v4_py package, it seems that there is no maskW and maskC and maskS in the ncfiles anymore. Since this is the first time I use this dataset, I don’t know how is the maskC looks like before, so do you have any idea about how to solve it?
Or I should generate the **_dataset.maskC with ecco_ds.hFacC by myself?

Best,
Zelun