[ecco-support] ECCO Products

HONG ZHANG hong.zhang at ucla.edu
Mon May 21 11:42:39 EDT 2018

On 5/18/18 4:22 AM, diefernandez at uvigo.es wrote:
> Dear ECCO support team,
>
> My name is Diego Fernandez Novoa from University of Vigo (Spain).
>
> We are conducting a study about the variability of some oceanic
> variables in the Northern Gulf of Mexico, in the coastal area near
> Mississippi and Atchafalaya river mouths. Then, we are interested in
> the ECCO products. For that, we want to know the way in which these
> rivers are included in the model. Are they introduced using
> daily/monthly river discharge data or by means of climatology?
>
> Thanks in advance,
Hi Diego,
All ECCO products so far employ Fekete climatology monthly river runoff.
A recent ECCO experiment tried "jra55-do" daily river runoff.
The mode config is identical to that of
ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version5/Alpha/
except for the river runoff.
please let us know if you have interest (then we can stage the output).
cheers
Hong