[ecco-support] Question about the Salinity budget

Ligc liguancheng15 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Thu May 17 12:30:50 EDT 2018

Dear sir/madam,
      Thanks for your careful reply. I just want to calculate the integral of salinity advection terms at the horizontal boundary of the control volume at a certain depth, so i should convert the variables along the model's x-and y- direction into that along the meridional and zonal direction. But, there are two technical questions i can't deal with.
First, i used the initial grid data, like DXG, DYG, DRF, and RAC to evaluate their specific areas along the model's direction. But, how can i calculate a new area along the meridional or zonal direction for the the converted variables (by function "calc_UEVNfromUXVY").
        Then, i wanted to confine a latitude as its boundary and calculate the advection terms along northern direction based on such an irregular grid in an effective way, could you give me some suggestion?
    Thank you for your kindness again!

Best regards,
Michael