[ecco-support] ECCO V4R3 SSH

Ponte, Rui RPonte at aer.com
Mon Jul 9 09:06:11 EDT 2018

Yao,

The ~25-d period variability in the Argentine Basin is described in many papers as being caused by nonlinear eddy interactions with mean flow and topography. Models need sufficient resolution to simulate those processes. Given the relatively coarse grid of ECCO v4r3, the eddy-driven dynamics relevant for that variability is most likely not well represented in the solution. In this regard, some higher resolution ECCO products (e.g. SOSE, ECCO2) might be more helpful.

--
Rui M. Ponte
Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc.