[ecco-support] ECCO data information request

Wang, Ou (329B) Ou.Wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 16 11:54:48 EST 2018

Jorge,

We have a recent release of ECCO Version 4, Release 3 (v4r3) at ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/. The zonal, meridional, and vertical velocities are ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/nctiles_monthly/EVEL, NVEL, and WVELMASS. You may want to read a few documents about the product in ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/doc/. In particular, v4r3_summary.pdf<ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/doc/v4r3_summary.pdf> gives a summary of the product and v4r3_overview.pdf<ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/doc/v4r3_overview.pdf> describes how to use the files in the ftp server. Note that the nominal horizontal resolution of v4r3 is 1 degree. If you want a product having higher resolution, you may want to use the ECCO2 product at ftp://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/cube/cube92/lat_lon/quart_90S_90N/ that has 0.25 degree horizontal resolution.

Best,
Ou Wang