[ecco-support] About the sea surface height output from ECCO V4r3

Qihua Peng q7peng at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 18 00:07:39 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,
Recently I'm running ECCO V4r3 by myself, but when I check the outputs, I
found the sea surface height output (here I analysed the ETAtave* files )
seems wrong: it rises very quickly everywhere all the time (it looks like
accumulated sum of the sea surface height), so the sea surface height
inter-annual variabilities  would be wrong when calculating anomalies
directly.  Actually the temperature, salinity and currents outputs are
right. It seems only the  sea surface height outputs are very strange. So I
was wondering if anyone could tell me more details about the  sea surface
height outputs ( ETAtave*  or ETA* files ).
Thanks for your help.
Best,
Qihua