[ecco-support] ECCOV4 Surface freshwater forcing flux

Ligc liguancheng15 at mails.ucas.ac.cn
Tue May 9 07:49:53 EDT 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,
Recently, i used the single native salinity grid in the "nctiles_monthly" fields, but still can not close the surface  salinity budget(level =1)  in a surface grid. For example, I choose a grid which is located at(ix=72, iy=1, iz=1) "142.5E, 27.4728N, depth=5m" ,where is dominanted at freshwater forcing). When i add the freshwater flux, named "oceFWflx" terms("net surface Fresh-Water flux into the ocean (+=down), >0 decreases salinity") into the sum of flux terms,  i can not close the salinity budget.
 In fact, the sum of advective and diffusive terms from different direction has closet the salinity budget well, and i found that there is no much difference between the sum of advective fluxes and freshwater flux.
 Could you give me some advices to understand it and close the budget?Thank you so much!

Best regards,
Guancheng