[ecco-support] About the input wind speed

Qihua Peng q7peng at ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 15 13:53:53 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm now running ECCO model. I conducted an experiment: I use zonal
windstress of 1998 and climatology meridional wind stress.  As ECCO uses
bulk formulation to calculate heat flux in the model, which requires total
wind speed. In my experiment, I need to use the total wind speed of the
changed wind, but there are only wind stress data in ECCO forcing file. So
I was wondering if anyone can help me with this case? Or can anyone tell me
how to get the  zonal and meridional wind speed data of  wind stress data
from /ecco_for_las/version_4/release2/input_forcing?

Thank you so much.
Bests,
Qihua