[ecco-support] REQUEST FOR MEAN SEA SURFACE HEIGHT(MSSH) AND MEAN DYNAMIC TOPOGRAPHY(MDT) DATA

Ponte, Rui RPonte at aer.com
Tue Dec 12 13:21:19 EST 2017

Hello Caroline,

If I understand you correctly, you would like to obtain mean dynamic topography (MDT) to use in your investigation of marine geoid in the Indian Ocean. I suggest you use ECCO version 4 release 3 output available at ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/.

In particular, I think for your purposes, you can use interpolated monthly sea surface height fields, available at ftp://ecco.jpl.nasa.gov/Version4/Release3/interp_monthly/. The fields are available for 1992-2015 and you can average them in time to compute an MDT for whatever period is relevant for you.

Hope this helps.

--
Rui M. Ponte
Atmospheric and Environmental Research, Inc.