[ecco-support] Two questions about ECCO V4r2

Wang, Ou (329B) Ou.Wang at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Dec 4 17:38:27 EST 2017

Qihua,

The v4 configuration specifies that the global ocean is partitioning into 96 30x30 tiles. Aligning the 96 tiles in one queue gives the X-direction size (NX) 96x30 and the Y-direction size (NY) 30. Note that x-direction and y-direction are not necessarily the longitude and latitude directions. So 2880=96*30 in X-direction does NOT mean that there are 2880 grids in the longitudinal direction.

The direction convention for the wind stress forcing is that positive is from east to west for ustr and from north to south for vstr.

Best,
Ou Wang