[ecco-support] ECCO2 Mixed Layer Depths Concerns

Menemenlis, Dimitris (329C) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Apr 26 12:50:04 EDT 2017

Hi John, can you be more specific which particular ECCO solution you are looking at.
What server and directory did you download it from?

Thanks,

Dimitris Menemenlis

On Apr 26, 2017, at 9:41 AM, Moisan, John R. (WFF-610W) <john.r.moisan at nasa.gov<mailto:john.r.moisan at nasa.gov>> wrote:

Hello ECCO2’ers,

I would like to make use of the Mixed-Layer Depth model outputs from the global model runs 1992-present (Nov. 2016) to drive some simple 1D biogeochemical models for CDOM.  I have binned to model outputs from the jpg site into monthly 2x2 deg. grids.  One thing of concern that I have is the trends in the global MLDs (see attached figure), which are more extreme in the SO.  Is there an issue with maintaining correct ocean boundary layers, esp. in the SO for this model?  Has this been observed yet?

I am new to the group so I am not familiar with the present model’s status.

John

Dr. John R. Moisan, Ph.D.
Research Oceanographer
Sciences and Exploration Directorate