[ecco-support] Access to ECCOV4

Fenty, Ian G (329C) Ian.Fenty at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Apr 6 22:36:34 EDT 2017

Guancheng,

Yes, the nctiles_monthly fields are on the natural model grid.

My guess is that your budget would not exactly close if you added each budget term after running them through a 36-month filter.  However, after you separate the advective and diffusive terms into Ekman, geostrophic, and residual components (following the suggestion and example of Martha Buckley), you may still be able to determine which factors explain the most variance on interannual time scales.

- Ian