[ecco-support] Access to ECCOV4

Martha Buckley marthabuckley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 21:55:52 EDT 2017

Ian did quite a good job explaining where to start.  I just wanted to
mention that I have done budgets for ECCO v4 for heat content (not
salinity).   I also did the separation on the linear advective convergences
into Ekman and geostrophic parts.  I took the approach that Ian described
(first close budgets, then look at Ekman/geostrophic decomposition). See
http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/JCLI-D-13-00316.1
http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/10.1175/JCLI-D-14-00579.1

I can provide some code as examples for your salinity budget.
Martha

Martha W. Buckley
marthabuckley at gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/marthabuckley/home