[Dspace-general] NOTICE: dspace-general listserv will move on Jan 27

Tim Donohue tdonohue at duraspace.org
Wed Jan 20 10:04:28 EST 2010

All,

On Weds, Jan 27 2010, we will be migrating the 'dspace-general' mailing
list from its current location at MIT to a new location at SourceForge.
  We'd like to thank MIT for kindly hosting this mailing list for us
over the years!

(1) Why are we doing this?

The primary reason for this migration is to make sure the
'dspace-general' mailing list uses the same infrastructure as our other
mailing lists.   Moving 'dspace-general' allows us to manage it similar
to the other lists, and makes us less reliant on MIT staff for general
maintenance tasks.  It also allows us to use similar spam filters across
all of our lists, to hopefully minimize the spam in your inbox.

(2) How will this affect you as a subscriber to the list?

During this migration, we will automatically add all subscribers of the
old listserv as subscribers to the new listserv.  You will not need to
re-subscribe.

If you have set your subscription to receive daily digests, these digest
settings will also be added for you automatically on the new list.  If
you've customized any other subscription settings, you may need to
re-customize them for the new list (only your digest settings will be
automatically migrated).

(3) What will be the new list address?

The new list address (as of Weds, Jan 27) will be:
dspace-general at lists.sourceforge.net

Any emails sent to the old list address (dspace-general at mit.edu) will be
automatically forwarded to the new list for a period of six months.
Please remember to change your email address books during this period.

(4) Will all the email archives also be migrated to SourceForge?

Yes.  The entire email archives (which go back to 2003) will be migrated
over to SourceForge, where they can be accessed alongside the archives
of all our other mailing lists.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to contact myself
(tdonohue at duraspace.org) or Valorie Hollister
(vhollister at duraspace.org).  We'll be happy to work with you around any
concerns you may have.

Thanks!