[Dspace-general] How can I move an item from one collection to another?

Claudia Juergen Claudia.Juergen at ub.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 19 13:23:37 EST 2010

Hello Ann,

you can try the patch for the move item feature for xmlui:
http://jira.dspace.org/jira/browse/DS-238

The move on db level is not that difficult.  Make sure you got the proper
backups.

The sql commands for moving a single item are:

update item set owning_collection=NewCollectionID where item_id=ItemID;

update collection2item set collection_id=NewCollectionID where
collection_id=OldCollectionID;

Then run index-update.

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen