[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.6 Release Updates

Tim Donohue tdonohue at duraspace.org
Thu Jan 7 16:28:01 EST 2010

Hi all,

First off, we'd like to again thank everyone for their participation and
help during the DSpace Testathon in December.  During the Testathon we
came across a total of 34 different bugs, found by over 10 different
testers.  Although this may sound like a lot of bugs, our team of
volunteer developers have already fixed many of them and are actively
working to fix the rest in the coming weeks.

We'd also like to specifically recognize and thank those institutions
and developers who hosted DSpace 1.6 test instances during the Testathon:
* University of Auckland (Stuart Lewis)
* University of Dortmund (Claudia Jürgen)
* University of Toronto (Gabriela Mircea)

As for the status of the 1.6 release, the DSpace Developers have agreed
upon a tentative roadmap as follows:

(1) Release a 1.6 RC2 (Release Candidate 2) before end of January
(2) Short testing period of 1.6RC2 at end of January and early February.
(3) Release DSpace 1.6.0 in mid-February

Again, these dates are still tentative. But, our goal is to have 1.6.0
available for download in February!

Thanks again for helping us make DSpace 1.6 better!  Community
involvement and feedback definitely helps make our new releases more
fully featured and bug-free.

We hope your new year is joyful!

Tim and the DSpace Developers

--