[Dspace-general] dc.format.extent,...

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.tu-dortmund.de
Thu Sep 17 10:10:39 EDT 2009

Hi Lucie,

the creation of dc.format.extent and dc.format.mimetype as item metadata
was abandoned with Version 1.4.1 as this is bitstream and no item metadata.
It leeds to trouble (misinformation) if you got multiple bitstreams
and/or delete/change existing bitstreams. E. g. you got the files:
foo1
foo2

and the 4 generated metadata:
dc.format.mimetype = ...
dc.format.mimetype = ...
dc.format.extent = ...
dc.format.extent = ...

At this point one can not tell which metadata (as it belongs to the
item) refers to which bitstream. So recreating the old behaviour might
not be a good idea.

Hope that helps

Claudia