[Dspace-general] licensing questions

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Sep 10 16:58:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have several questions about how folks are addressing copyright and
licensing issues.

First, I'm wondering how folks are using the per-collection copyright
and license fields.

Second, I'm wondering if anyone has developed any legalese to cover the
case of someone using a repository to host material under the fair-use
provisions of copyright law - e.g. by implementing appropriate access
restrictions, etc.

Third, how do you deal with the potential difference between how a
copyright holder (or a proxy) may license a work to the
college/university vs. how they license it to repository end-users.

TIA.

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Manager