[Dspace-general] MARC21 to DC Crosswalk

Luciano Musacchio lmusacchio at exactas.org
Thu Oct 15 10:47:23 EDT 2009

2009/10/13 Walker, David <dwalker at calstate.edu>

> Hi Luciano,
>
> I don't believe there are any MARC21 -> DC Crosswalks out there -- at least
> not exactly.
>
> The Library of Congress maintains a MARC-XML -> (unqualified) Dublin Core
> XSLT.  So if you can convert the MARC21 to MARC-XML, you'd have a relatively
> simple path to Dublin Core.
>
> Are you looking to batch load MARC records together with digital objects
> into DSpace?  That is ultimately a rather different question, since DSpace
> has its own schema for such things.

Dave, thanks for your answer!,

so I think that I need, as you say, a batch load MARC-XML records (but
without digital objects, that will be added in the "ongoing subsmission"
that should be the result of the batch process) into DSpace.. I will read
again the Chapter 2 of the DSpace manual.. I know now that I don't need to
transform the record to Dublin Core (-: