[Dspace-general] Dspace use case - dark archive

Filippos Kolovos filippos at uom.gr
Wed Nov 18 04:34:15 EST 2009

Dear Sir/Madam,

We currently have two dspace installations, version 1.4.1 One is open access and the other one is used separately
for "sesnitive" documents. At first we had included these documents in one repository together with the "open access" documents.
In order to restrict them from public view we had given permission only to the system administrator to see the whole collection(s) they
were in. However, since Dspace runs an OAI server as well, their metadata could not be restricted from public view, since the OAI server
could not stop sending these metadata. The documents per se could not be retrieved by the users but the metadata were being disseminated
through OAI, which in some cases was a problem.

In order to solve that problem we had to install a second instance of Dspace, in a separate server, with the OAI server deactivated and the server
being behind a firewall. It is entirely closed from public view.

I hope that we may have helped you.

Kind Regards,

-Fk

--