[Dspace-general] defining metadata fields - question from newbies

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 24 11:25:10 EDT 2009

Hi Alice,

yes you are correct. The input forms are not manageable via the admin UI.
Basically you got to:

a) register the metadata in the registry (if not allready present)
b) edit input-forms.xml to create/change a form and map it to a collection
c) edit the message catalogue to include new labels if needed
d) run mvn package and ant init_configs and reload your webapp

Hope that helps

Claudia Jürgen