[Dspace-general] Mark Diggory joins @mire

Bram Luyten bram at mire.be
Wed Mar 11 14:47:53 EDT 2009

  @mire NV <http://www.atmire.com>, an international Institutional
Repository Service provider headquartered in Leuven, Belgium, announces its
collaboration with Mark Diggory (San Diego, California). Mark Diggory's
activities will have a strong focus on DSpace oriented projects, providing a
U.S. based service both for @mire's expanding U.S. client base, as well as
for international clients.

Mark spent the past decade as a Software Project manager and systems
engineer for M.I.T. Libraries and Harvard University. Mark is a member of
the core DSpace 2.0 development team. Together with @mire's Head of
Development, Ben Bosman, in collaboration with the DSpace Foundation, *@mire
will continue to contribute to DSpace 2.0 development*.

*Mark Diggory* comments
"*I am enthusiastic about partnering with @mire's capable development team
to bring DSpace software consultancy services to the U.S. @mire's philosophy
of transparency and collaboration when working with clients has a strong
synergy with the DSpace communities open source initiatives. Our partnership
creates the best vendor solution for organizations around the globe that
need the security and experience of long-term support for their
Institutional Repository services. We mediate the risks that confront
in-house software customization projects by partnering with these
organizations throughout the process, from producing detailed requirements
analysis' and quotes, to providing complete and robust customizations to
DSpace.*"

*Lieven Droogmans, @mire's CEO* said
"*Mark's outstanding reputation speaks for itself. This collaboration will
not only enhance our portfolio of commercial services for new and existing
clients, but also allow us to participate within the DSpace developers group
and assure the success of DSpace as an open source project. We are strongly
invested in the DSpace platform and recognize the benefits of a healthy open
source community as critical to our own companies success.*"

@mire provided DSpace consultancy and custom development services to a
number of U.S. based institutions including, the U.S. National Evolutionary
Synthesis Center, the Abilene Library Consortium and the Bhaktivedanta Book
Trust as well as international institutions such as the University of
Pretoria and the Polytechnic University of Valencia.

@mire's team has expertise in DSpace introduction and customization
projects, both in the context of research institutions and digital
libraries. The team of competent DSpace developers, which combined with
experienced repository project managers and analysts, provides a formidable
and affordable resource to a broad range of institutions. @mire's
competences in state of the art repository development are demonstrated in
the @mire DSpace add-on modules <http://www.atmire.com/products.php>, which
are about to become publicly available for evaluation purposes through the
@mire Labs platform.

@mire NV
Technologielaan 9 (New address !)
3001 Heverlee