[Dspace-general] Language attribute on metadata values

Stuart Lewis s.lewis at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Jun 7 19:49:18 EDT 2009

Hi Joan,

As far as I know this isn't currently a feature in DSpace. There is a
setting in dspace.cfg "default.language = en_US" which can be changed,
however, if it is left empty, it defaults to 'en'.

If you wanted to change it by default to be left empty, you probably
need to look in
[dspace-src]/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/submit/step/DescribeSte
p.java and look for the following block of code:

    public static String getDefaultLanguageQualifier()

    {

       String language = "";

       language = ConfigurationManager.getProperty("default.language");

       if (language == null || language == "")

       {

                   language = "en";

       }

       return language;

    }

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis

Digital Services Programmer

Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library

Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand

Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928

http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz <http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/> /