[Dspace-general] Language attribute on metadata values

Joan_Spanne@sil.org Joan_Spanne at sil.org
Thu Jun 4 22:22:54 EDT 2009

Hello,

We are in an early testing phase with DSpace 1.5.2, using the XMLUI. We
work with resources in many languages, and include metadata in a variety
of languages, even for a single item.

Is it possible to:
1. allow the submitter to specify the language of the content of a
metadata field in the submission UI for a given element.qualifier?
Or
2. at least prevent DSpace from assigning a language attribute of "en_US"
to most metadata element instances?

I know it is possible to edit the metadata afterward, but we would prefer
no language attribute on the metadata to having to manually update this
for every record.

Thanks,

Joan Spanne
SIL International